Valhalla

LSHS Microwave Triggers Fire Alarm

Twenty minutes for a burrito is a bit much

A fan was placed in front of the used microwave to filter the smell of burnt plastic outside. Students evacuated the school during fourth period, and fan was placed in front of the microwave to disperse the smoke and odor.  “Our class was in the middle of a lesson when the alarm went off. Later I found out that someone microwaved food for too long,” senior Annalise Marie said.

A fan was placed in front of the used microwave to filter the smell of burnt plastic outside. Students evacuated the school during fourth period, and fan was placed in front of the microwave to disperse the smoke and odor. “Our class was in the middle of a lesson when the alarm went off. Later I found out that someone microwaved food for too long,” senior Annalise Marie said.

Kayto Krueger

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






On a late Monday morning during first lunch, the school’s fire alarm rang, giving students notice that they must evacuate the school. Students walked calmly towards the back lot to organize themselves and find their first period teachers.

“A lady warned us to get out of the cafeteria after she had seen a black smoke coming from the cafeteria microwave,” sophomore Nathan Fleischmann said.

School administrators searched for the source of the smoke and found the cafeteria microwave as the culprit.

“I was sitting at a table near the microwave and noticed a burning smell when I sat down,” Junior Ian Mahler said. Upon opening the microwave, the administrators found a melted plastic bag with a burrito inside set to burn for twenty minutes.

“The cafeteria reeked of burnt plastic for the rest of the day,” senior Brooke Valentine said.

It is unknown whether the bag and its contents were put into the microwave as a joke or because someone thought that a burrito needed to be microwaved for 20 minutes. Either way, hopefully a lesson was learned in the end.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Leave a Comment

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.




Navigate Left
  • LSHS Microwave Triggers Fire Alarm

    Features

    Is Anxiety Overlooked in the Educational System?

  • LSHS Microwave Triggers Fire Alarm

    Features

    The Controversy over Gender Pronouns

  • LSHS Microwave Triggers Fire Alarm

    Features

    Do freelance artists aspire or inspire?

  • LSHS Microwave Triggers Fire Alarm

    Features

    Kashan Hussain wins elite position of student ambassador for Back To Space program

  • LSHS Microwave Triggers Fire Alarm

    Features

    Loser’s list of okay activities

  • LSHS Microwave Triggers Fire Alarm

    Features

    FCCLA wins big at state

  • LSHS Microwave Triggers Fire Alarm

    Features

    Why is my hamburger a lady?

  • LSHS Microwave Triggers Fire Alarm

    Features

    Gender Sexuality Alliance paints faces and raises awareness

  • LSHS Microwave Triggers Fire Alarm

    Features

    Host and Hostee

  • LSHS Microwave Triggers Fire Alarm

    Features

    Faces in the Halls : Dallas Landeros & Mitchell Hoffman

Navigate Right
The student news site of Lake Stevens High School
LSHS Microwave Triggers Fire Alarm