Valhalla

Odin’s Ravens: Viska

Viska-+Meaning+wisdom+and+knowledge.+The+Norse+rune+%28symbol%29+Viska+is+symbolic+of+the+Norse+god+Odin.+This+rune+also+applies+to+you%2C+Vikings+and+Valkyries%2C+with+upcoming+finals%2C+studying+and+any+other+tests.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Odin’s Ravens: Viska

Viska- Meaning wisdom and knowledge. The Norse rune (symbol) Viska is symbolic of the Norse god Odin. This rune also applies to you, Vikings and Valkyries, with upcoming finals, studying and any other tests.

Kassie Gruel

Kassie Gruel

Kassie Gruel

Kassie Gruel, Staff reporter and photographer

In the last issue, we covered Odin’s ravens, Hugin and Munin along with the Winter Nights Festival, which is similar to the American Thanksgiving. To view this information, check out our hardcopy December issue. This month, we will briefly cover a topic relating to finals and other tests that are coming up soon, starting with Odin.

Odin is the Norse god of many things including war, death, wisdom, poetry, and the sky. He is the all-father of all gods and goddesses and is the ruler of Asgard. Asgard is one of the nine worlds, home of the tribe of gods known as the Aesir, and connected to Midgard (our world) by the bifrost bridge.

Odin has given up a lot in the process of wanting more knowledge. He had hung himself from the world tree after being wounded for nine days to discover runes. He had also ventured to Mímisbrunnr (Mimir’s Well) also known as the Well of Urd, where he gave up one of his eyes to take a drink of the well water because it offered a new supply of knowledge.

Now while Odin went to extremes to receive knowledge, you can simply prepare in advance for tests by studying and reviewing what your teachers have taught you for the test and over the semester for finals. You have the resources and availability,, now make the most of it and do your best Vikings!

This issues’ rune (symbol) is Viska which can be see here to the right. Remember, all you Vikings and Valkyries, keep an eye out for the next issue’s rune and mythology info.