Netflix and chill with your study guide

Get ready for finals with Netflix and some soothing school activities

It’s January, and the air is crisp, the ground is slippery, and finals are here. It’s time to turn off the TV, get off the couch, and start studying for finals. Or is it? Everyone’s best friend, Netflix, may just save the day again. Look past the “Family Guy” or “Dexter.” There are shows that can infact help make studying for finals just about painless. Here is a 2016 Netflix study guide.

AP Gov- “The West Wing”, “Scandal”, and “Parks and Recreation”
Psychology- “Brain Games” and “Mean Girls”
Forensics- “Making a Murder”
AP Euro- “Don’t Start the Revolution Without Me”
US History- “Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure” and “Saving Private Ryan”
Brit Lit- “Pride and Prejudice”
Math- “Monster Math Squad”
Physics- “The Physics of Light”

These shows are more than just entertainment, they’re a source of intellect. From watching a filibuster in “The West Wing,” to understanding why the psychotic girls do what they do in “Mean Girls.” In the words of Mama Odie from “Princess and the Frog,” “you just gotta dig a little deeper.”

If Netflix is not an accessible study tool, Lake Stevens High School is doing a few things to help students along in their study process.

All week there will be stress balls available to BORROW outside of the ASB office. Free “take ONE boxes” will be placed around the school filled with pencils and gum. Be sure to grab a stress ball and some gum while listening to soothing music in the 400 building.

Monday: BYOBanana. Any student or staff member who brings a banana to lunch will receive one free banana split! No banana, no split!

Tuesday: Outside of Knutson/Flanders room, bubble wrap will go up during first period, so students can pop their way to second period. Make sure to check out the stress pop hallway.