Is football more important than your sport or activity?

Students struggle with football being prioritized over other school activities

Does football get priority? An age old question.

I wouldn’t know how to answer this, obviously I would say in my own opinion that yes, Football does get priority because of many reasons.

For the most part, football is the most anticipated sport in all of the school year. It’s debated you aren’t even an LSHS student if you haven’t heard about Jacob “Skinny” Eason, past star quarterback turned freshman star quarterback at the University of Georgia.

And I like any high school student, love the feeling of Friday night lights, screaming as our team takes another victory and dressing up for spirit week with purple and gold.

However as a student who has always been part of the Arts and Entertainment program since elementary school, I always believed that “ We perform and work hard all the time, we should get special treatment, too!” In reality that doesn’t matter

A&E is one part of school that gets affected by sports priority.Football players get new uniforms, equipment and the recognition, if they deserve it. Now compare that to the general public that doesn’t know when the play starts or when the next choir or band competition/concert.

Sports are also affected. During the fall sports season, there are a ton of other sports like Girls Volleyball, Cross Country, Girls Swimming, Girls Soccer, and Boy’s Tennis. They make the announcements about if they made WESCO or when, where and what time is their next game. In reality no one pays attention to the announcements anyway.

Other sports and activities need the advertisement that Football gets desperately but sadly we get forgotten on the sidelines.

In conclusion, my opinion is that, as much as I love the term “Friday Night Lights,” there are a lot of other sports and activities that happen on Friday nights…