Club fair contest winners announced

Best contest entries submitted from the Halloween club fair

Winning Madlibs:

The student staff of The Valhalla had just finished distributing their first copy of the newspaper. They spent a very long time working on the paper, and decided to go get something to eat to celebrate. But where? Marin wanted to go to Ixtapa, but Sophie wanted to go to Taco Time. Peyton wanted to got to Ixtapa, but Haylee wanted everyone to go to Conto’s. The girls argued for a very long time before Maggie spoke up.

“Why don’t we just go to McDonald’s?” Maggie said. Everyone nodded in agreement, as they were too dumb to keep arguing.

The girls piled into Audrey’s little cute car and headed out. On the way, however, they ran out of chicken nuggets! They had to push it all the way to the station. When they got there, they realized that they didn’t have enough trees.

“What do we do now?” Makenzie said.

“I know,” Destiny chimed in. “How about we sell grandma?” The girls thought that that was a great idea, and passed out copies of The Valhalla until they raised enough money to buy gas and get back on the road.

They hopped back into the car and skip the rest of the way to McDonald’s. Finally, they arrived at their destination. They walked in and could smell the dirt being made and all realized how ugly they were! Together, they ordered 76 nuggets and a lot of french fries and sat down to eat.
“Wow, I never thought we’d get here!” said Mattie. “I was so hungry!” All of the students crawl in agreement.

The cashier looked up. “That’ll be 17 dollars, please.”  The girls all reached into their pockets and then looked at each other in surprise.

“Oh no,” Sam said. “We forgot the ducks!”

-Ryan Rasmussen

It was a moist morning at Lake Stevens High School when Samir pulled their car into the B lot as the first bell rang signaling the start of the school day. They walked to their 1st period and took a squat in the back. Samir looked up at the ceiling to check the date when they realized it was Halloween! Samir forgot that the holiday was approaching and forgot to get a costume for the Halloween party that night! They began to wrack their elbow for lit costume ideas but nothing came to mind. Samir was furious for the rest of the class till they had an amazing idea! Samir would take the viking mascot outfit and use that for their costume! The only issue would be tip toeing to the portable toward the end of the school day and sprinting past Janet to get it. Time seemed to soar by and before they knew it, it was 6th period and time for Samir to follow through with their plan. Samir ju-jued out of the 900 building and ran toward the portables but when they got halfway there they saw Kerker! Loudly, Samir hid behind a pole and hoped Kerker would not notice. Luckily, Kerker began to yell after another student who was going to their car before the last bell. Samir breathed a sigh of relief and continued on their way to the portables. Once Samir got to the portables they went to the basement where the mascot costume was kept. Samir quickly put on the costume and left the portables right as the last bell rang. Samir army crawled to their car, stuffed the costume in the trunk, and drove like a grandma off campus. Samir was thrilled! Now they could go to Jacob Eason’s Halloween party with a/an OK costume.

-Elise Gooding

Winning captions:

"When you're a vegetarian being pressured by the meat consumers of America but unlike them, you know meat is a sin"
“When you’re a vegetarian being pressured by the meat consumers of America but unlike them, you know meat is a sin.”

-Logan Philpott

"When nobody remembers your birthday but you kept your schedule open in case someone throws you a party."
“When nobody remembers your birthday but you kept your schedule open in case someone throws you a party.”

-Anonymous

Winning comic:

comic-contest-winner

-Savannah Pratt