Students’ thoughts about starting hybrid Learning

Going into Phase 3, schools now move to hybrid learning

Isaac Xiong

Back to School: Hybrid learning is starting soon. Thrilled and anxious, students and teachers have prepared themselves for seeing each other in person. “I’m pretty excited to go back,” junior Elam Roldan said.

When the 2020-2021 school year first started, not many students and teachers had thought about being able to go back to school. Now, students and teachers will be able to go back to school and see each other in person with hybrid learning. But how will hybrid affect students’ grades and their feelings? Are they excited to see their teachers in person?

Students from all around Lake Stevens are anxious and excited about starting hybrid learning. Most students from Lake Stevens High School are ready to go back. For example, junior Coby Gundry is fully prepared to return to school for multiple reasons.

“I’m excited to go back, I’m ready to see my friends I couldn’t see over quarantine,” Gundry said.

Most students from Lake Stevens High School are ready to see all of their friends they couldn’t see during quarantine, just like Gundry. But he’s especially excited to go back to play sports.

“I’m looking forward to playing soccer,” Gundry said.

Not all high schoolers are ready to go back, some high schoolers don’t want to go but are being told to go. An example of this is junior Henrick Streckfuss. He doesn’t really want to go back to go, but his parents are making him go back to school.

“I hate it….I’m being forced to go back,” Streckfuss said.

The other half of Lake Stevens Highschool might not want to go back, just like Henrick Streckfuss, but don’t really have a choice due to their parents’ decision.

Something most students at the high school have in common is not being motivated and staying on track while doing their school work. Junior Maron Hammer has trouble staying focused while doing her homework, so she thinks it’s the best choice to go back to school so she can stay on task.

“I get distracted easily, so it’s very hard to stay motivated, I did a lot better at school in person,” Hammer said.

Hammer believes going back to school will help her keep her grades up, and others too. Some students have found it difficult to start their work at home.

“Doing school work at school was probably easier. I can’t get myself to get up,” Streckfuss said.

Teachers are excited to see us students, but are the students ready to see their teachers? Henrick and Coby aren’t too joyful to see some of their teachers in person.

“I would like to see some of my teachers, the ones I like,” Gundry said.

“Nope, I don’t want to see my teachers in person,” H. Streckfuss said

Like most situations, there are differing viewpoints; some students are excited to go back, while some don’t want to go back quite yet.