Students make Instagram pages inspired by TikTok trend

For the past couple of weeks there has been a wildfire of new instagram accounts bringing light to a variety of topics around LSHS campus entertaining many students.

From @lshsbadparking on Instagram

Most popular post: With 536 likes, this photo of a car wreck is the most well-known @lshsbadparking post. The car wreck shown happened Jan. 7, when school was canceled due to road conditions. “I think the once-ler confused the trees for the power pole,” the caption said.

Over 10 Instagram accounts have been made that feature different students from LSHS and things they do. These pages have racked up hundreds of followers, with one gaining over 1,000. 

The idea behind these accounts range from featuring students eating cornbread (@/lshscornbread), students with red hair (@/lshsgingerbreadhouse), encouragement of fellow classmates (@/lshsgirlbosses), and the most popular one, bad parking jobs (@/lshsbadparking). 

@lshsbadparking on Instagram

These pages are, for the most part, enjoyed by the school community, and students have fun picking on their friends. Captions like “go up the stairs why don’t ya” under a picture of a car parked up close to a curb @/lshsbadparking and “bro forgot to take his pre workout” under a picture of a student asleep in the gym @/lshs.sleeping entertain hundreds of students everyday.

The owners of these Instagram pages have all chosen to stay anonymous because they don’t want their identities to affect the content, they don’t want to be bothered about it, or they just find it fun to remain anonymous. All of these accounts are pages randomly and independently made by LSHS students. The only LSHS Instagram account that is directly connected to and run by the administration is (@/lshsvikings) and the accounts it follows.

“[Our favorite part is] probably all of it. People realizing it’s their car, the responses of other people, the TikTok’s people send us, watching people fix their park job multiple times because they don’t want to be on our page,” the anonymous owners of @/lshsbadparking said.

From @lshsgirlbosses on Instagram

The community created by these posts is enjoyed by both the viewers and the owners of the pages. The owner of one page, @/lshsgirlbosses, says their favorite part is seeing people they know submit photos of their friends. The idea behind their account is to uplift and compliment female students at LSHS. The posts on this page feature photos and compliments submitted by students.

“I think it’s inspirational and lifts girls up no matter what and who they are,” sophomore Emily Nordstrom said.

By giving inspiration and entertainment to the community, accounts like the bad parking and girl boss pages received a lot more attention than they originally thought they’d get, and the owners don’t regret creating them at all. The intention was to bring laughs to the school community, and each and every LSHS Instagram account has succeeded in doing so. The creativity, humor, encouragement, and surprisingly large following have made these accounts a success, and they don’t plan on stopping anytime soon.