Jacksonville Jaguars select Travon Walker 1st overall

This years NFL draft had it’s surprising moments and here’s a recap

Liam Lueras

Las Vegas, NV – April 28, 2022: Fans all across the United States gather at the set site for the 2022 NFL Draft. To kickoff the ’22 year, the Jaguars chose the first pick after their 3-14 season. “This place was very energetic and a very good way to start this season,” sophomore Liam Lureas said.

The NFL Draft, which was held in Vegas this year, had its disappointing moments, especially for Jaguars fans. They selected Defensive End (DE) Travon Walker with their No.1 pick, a top 10 player for sure, but DE Aidan Hutchesen, who everyone thought would go number one, fell to the Lions as the second pick.

At the 9th pick, the Seahawks finally addressed their need for an offensive linemen to protect either Drew Lock, Geno Smith or Lake Stevens alumnus, Jacob Eason. The Hawks took Charles Cross out of Mississippi. A very solid pick that should get the overall job done while keeping the running style Pete Carrol wants to run.

“They’re pick was alright…[Cross will] fit right in, but who knows how he will do in his first year as a starter,” sophomore Liam Lueras said.

The top-ranked quarterback in this year’s draft, Kenny Pickett, was the first QB off the board going to the Pittsburgh Steelers at pick No. 20. The 23 year old will stay in the Steel City after playing 52 games for Pitt and going 11-2 with the ACC championship in 2021.

Notable Trades:

The Arizona Cardinals traded their 23rd pick to the Baltimore Ravens for Marquise “Hollywood” Brown and pick number 100. Adding Brown adds to their great wide receiver group that includes Deandre Hopkins, who would be suspended for the first eight games of the 22-23 year.

Right after that, the Philadelphia Eagles traded their 18th and 101th picks for WR AJ Brown. Brown is an absolute stud. Put Marshawn Lynch and Larry Fitzgerald together and you have him. When he has the ball, he is tough to bring down which is the running support that QB Jalen Hurts needs.

“Why would they trade one of the top receivers in the league to the Eagles of all places…you have to wonder what’s going on in Philly,” sophomore Garry Mounts said.