Different Strokes

The home of the perfect swim and dive

Clara Langerveld

The Vikings swim and dive teams determined to win hell or high water. Alexis Zellers and Kathryn Holland swim laps in the bottom lanes prior to their meet on October 3. In a rhythmic pattern, each swimmer dove into the water they would soon compete in. The competitive atmosphere could be felt as the swimmers emerged from the locker rooms. “When warming up before throwing a dive I get butterflies from my nerves,” sophomore Reilly Foote said.

Swimmer/Diver Names :    PR :

Reilly Foote …………………………………253.65 points (for 11 dives)

All the incredible traits from our original 1 & ½ dive dish, sophomore Reilly Foote adds a new level of spice to an age old tradition. Having been interested in diving on and off for ten years, Foote has a healthy addiction to this sport. Foote mentioned that “If there is a dive [she is] scared to do, [she] usually asks someone to record [her], and then [she] can normally do it.” Her motivation sparks from the pressure of others and the nerves she feels when she is being judged and scored.

Aside from swimming, Foote enjoys spending her time watching Disney movies and cuddling her dog. She believes that winter is the best season, “probably because there are no allergies,” while her favorite type of weather is rainy. If given the chance to travel anywhere on earth, Foote would travel to Ireland and visit the Giant’s Footsteps in County Antrim. Come support Foote at a swim meet after school. (If you need a conversation starter, just ask her about the band Pentatonix.)

Kathryn Holland ……………………………1:24.3 (breaststroke 100 yard)

If one is looking for something related to our breaststroke, sophomore Kathryn Holland is a sweet spin on this classic entree. In a competitive swimming, Holland has been on an organized team for five years, making swimming a regular after school activity. Holland is passionate about both swimming and musical arts. If there is any speculation about how much Holland adores swimming, her favorite season is fall because that is when the sport begins.

Having been a part of a Lake Stevens choir for three years now, her love of music can be elegantly displayed through her passionate and beautiful singing voice. Between all the swimming and singing, Holland doesn’t have much extra time. If she has any free time at all, you may find her spending time with her loving family or her goldendoodle, Tate. Holland is a sweet person, and if ever in the need of a pick-me-up, she would love to offer a helping hand.

Brittany Billingsley………………………………1:18.9 (breaststroke

If you love our world famous breaststroke and freestyle combination, you will love this modernized approach to this stroke. Junior Brittany Billingsley has been competing in the water since her freshmen year. She is an incredible asset to the team, and with all of her creative ideas, she makes every season enjoyable and vibrant.

To satisfy her curiosity, Billingsley would love to travel to either New York City or Paris – she believes there are so many wondrous sights to see around the world. Taking pictures are one of Billingsley’s major passions (alongside swimming). Being a photographer, she loves the season spring “because everything is starting to bloom and everything is so pretty.” However her favorite type of tree are Christmas trees – due to the warm aesthetic it displays. One may be able to point out Billingsley by her crazy socks and her bubbly personality.

Tiana Bigelow…………………………………………………(Six dive score)

This incredibly tasteful rendition of the classic 1 & 1 1/2 dive, sophomore Tiana Bigelow is our next teammate. Her competitive diving career began at the age of —-, making the water her second home. With sports and other school activities taking up her time, she enjoys hanging out with her friends and spending time with dogs.

Bigelow’s favorite season is summer because it opens up for time for her to do the things she loves and feels free. With her love of warm weather she loves palm trees around the state of California (which she visits every other year). If given the chance to visit anywhere in the world, Bigelow would go to Texas to visit her cousin. She values her relationships with her friends and family, and wishes she could spend all of her time right by their sides. Bigelow has a very kind spirit and wants everyone to know she will be kind and respectful everyone and anyone who wants to talk to her.