Seasons ending and victories beginning

Senior Emily Lubick, senior Melissa Stevens, junior Lilly Eason, junior Hannah Ansen, senior Gabby Gunterman, sophomore Grace Schroedl on their victory, during their last normal season game.

Volleyball:

The volleyball team remains undefeated. Last weekend, the team  traveled to Kennewick, Washington and played well, placing 8th  in the state tournament.

The team went into the tournament with intensity.

Senior Emily Lubick said, “I am so proud of everything we have accomplished this season! Never did we expect to be undefeated cross any of our minds and to see something like this happen was absolutely crazy. I’m so excited for playoffs! I think we have such a good chance at going to state this year and ? I’m so ready to play! Lastly, I’m so proud of the way we have come together and played like a family and I’m definitely going to miss all these girls.” The school is proud of this team, who went the state tournament and placed in the top ten for the first time since 1988.

Girls soccer :

The girls soccer team has had a phenomenal season, in their league with 11 wins, only 2 losses, and 1 tie. The team went into playoffs and lost against Kamiak, but it was a very good game.  

Junior Ashley Askevold said, “The season has been great so far. The  beginning of the season [the team] worked really hard together, and everyone realized they weren’t playing just for themselves but for the team. I was having a really great first part to the season, but halfway through I got a knee injury. It’s hard being on the sidelines every practice and game, but I see the girls working hard and improving. I am very excited for playoffs; although, I can’t play because of my injury. I know the girls are dedicated to this team and will work hard and that makes me excited to see how far we can go. If our team keeps playing as strong as they have been the whole season, I believe that we can have a good chance of making it through playoffs. I am very proud to be a part of Lake Soccer.” 

LSHS is  proud of the soccer team and all they accomplished this year.

Cross Country:

The cross country team for the boy’s varsity finished 2nd of 21, and the girl’s varsity placed 4th of 21 at the state meet. Boy’s JV was 3rd of 21 and girl’s was 2nd of 21. Seniors Noah Wallace, Trevor Allen, Kato Kruger and junior Blake Braaten all went to state for the boys and did really well. Sophomore Taylor Rowe was the league and district champion. Freshman Abby HIll joined Rowe at state.

Before state, Wallace stated, “I am very excited for state! On the boy’s side, we have the chance to get three guys in the top 25, which would be huge for us. On the girl’s side we have Taylor, the best girl in state, who is looking for her 2nd XC state title, and Abby Hill, who should contend in the top 30. The season so far has worked out exactly how we expected it would. Our boys and girls team came up 2 points short of making it to state, but we have a great group representing us. As a program, we are extremely fortunate to be surrounded by great coaches and teammates.”

The school would also like to give a special shout out to Taylor Rowe who won her second consecutive 4A state individual title. Congratulations to the Lake Cross Country team for their amazing season and the results at state.

Girls Swim:

The Girls Swim and Dive team has had an outstanding season, finishing first in their league with 10 wins and no losses. Six athletes received a wildcard to the district meet. The swimmers went to the state meet  November 11 and 12; all of the swimmers had an amazing season.

Junior Rylee Johansen stated, “Our team had a very strong season. We got first in Wesco, but right now a couple of swimmers including myself, are injured. So personally I am worried for  districts and state but overall, we are a very strong team and will do well no matter what.”

Lake Stevens High School are hoping for the best for our Lake Swimmers as they continue to strive forward.

Seniors Sydnie Chesley, Katrina Mueller, Emily Jacobson and Julia Harnish and juniors Rylee Johansen, Gabby Marlatt, Jade Lippmann, Jaquie Personius, and Cheyenne Kreide all qualified for the state meet.  At the end of the meet, the Vikings walked away with a 12th place finish.

An additional congratulations to Sarah Summers who, for the second consecutive year, was named WESCO 4A girls swim coach of the year.

Football:

The football team is still in the playoffs.  Their next game is Saturday, November 19 at Skyview High School in Vancouver, Washington.  Kickoff is at 3:00 p.m.