New staff at LSHS

LSHS welcomes Chaffee, Fountain, Saller, and all other new staff

New English teacher, Annemarie Russell, delegates 4th period English during book sign-ups.

Every year Lake Stevens School District welcomes new staff members and this year is no different. This year Lake Stevens High School brought on 19 new employees, three of those being Stuart Chaffee, Josh Fountain, and Dennis Saller.

Stuart Chaffee has worked at Lake Stevens High School before, but since, he has taught in the Stanwood School District for a year, then taught at Cavelero. Chaffee is teaching English 11, English 10, and is coaching Cross Country and Track. Along with running, Chaffee enjoys playing basketball with his friends and spending time with his son, Blake (3) and his daughter (2 months).

After teaching history at Cavelero for five years, Josh Fountain is now teaching World History and U.S. History at Lake Stevens High School along with coaching Cross Country. Fountain is also an LSHS alum and grew up here in Lake Stevens. In addition to history, he also enjoys running and fishing. “There’s nothing more rewarding than tying your own fly and catching a fish,” Fountain said. As a teacher, Mr. Fountain looks forward to intellectual conversations in class, and he hopes to meet the individual needs of all this students.

The school also hired a new school psychologist, Dennis Saller. Saller has worked as a school psychologist for the last 16 years in California and in the Highline School District. As the school psychologist, Saller evaluates students, mainly in special education or with IEP’s. In his free time, Dennis Saller loves to golf. He also enjoys hiking, working out, and football.

In addition to gaining a new school psychologist and new teachers in the English and History department, there are also new Spanish, Science, Math, PE teachers. We also have new support staff and a councilor joining the Viking community here at LSHS. And based on Chaffee, Fountain, and Saller’s comments, the new staff is looking forward to supporting students and being apart of the Lake Stevens community.