The student news site of Lake Stevens High School

Valhalla

Robotics victory

LSHS robotics team takes first in world competition

Lake Stevens juniors Skyler Bagher, Jordan Conner, Andrew Deebach, Aiden Pyle, and Ryan Sobosky receive an award for their website at 2016 VEX Worlds. The five juniors competed and took first place in the EMC Robotics Team Website Challenge in March 2016 , which forwarded them on to VEX Worlds, where they were recognized on April 22. “[The] 2016 VEX Worlds, presented by the Northrop Grumman Foundation, brings together top robotics teams in the VEX IQ Challenge, VEX Robotics Competition, and VEX U under one roof to celebrate their accomplishments and participate with the best teams from around the world. VEX Worlds will include top teams from events happening in cities around the world,” said Pyle.

Curtsey of VEX Robotics

Curtsey of VEX Robotics

Bailey Hall, Opinion Editor

The Five Guys, more commonly known as Lake Stevens High School juniors, Skyler Bagher, Jordan Conner, Andrew Deebach, Aiden Pyle, and Ryan Sobosky, recently took first place in the EMC Robotics Team Website Challenge at the 2016 VEX Worlds Competition in Louisville, Kentucky . Judged on the development of a website which promotes middle school, high school, and college robotics programs, more than 150 different robotics teams competed in the EMC Robotics Team Website Challenge.

“The EMC Robotics Website Challenge is to develop a website that promotes your entire robotics program and to tell the world how great youth robotics is and how special your program is. This challenge can be entered by: middle school, high school, and college/university teams,” said Pyle.

Competing for the second time, Bagher, Conner, Deebach, Pyle, and Sobosky earned their way to the VEX Worlds stage.

“At the VEX Worlds championship there are over 1,100 robots representing over 30 countries around the world from elementary to college grade. In the high school portion, there are 500 teams, with five different divisions of 100 teams. In our division our team competed in 10 matches over a period of three days. We won six of those matches, and lost four. At the end we ranked 32 out of 100,” said Pyle.