Lake Stevens School District choirs perform wonderfully at the All District Festival

All the choirs of Lake Stevens came together Thursday the 28 to put on a spectacular show

Choirs+come+together+to+sing+%E2%80%9CCelebration%E2%80%9D+as+a+final+song+for+their+audience.+The+All+District+Music+Festival+was+great%2C+I+love+seeing+all+of+the+choirs+working+together+to+make+a+great+show+said+senior+and+Concert+Choir+member+Stephanie+Wislen.+It+was+a+successful+concert+that+showed+off+the+heaps+of+musical+talent+in+the+Lake+Stevens+School+District.+

Choirs come together to sing “Celebration” as a final song for their audience. “The All District Music Festival was great, I love seeing all of the choirs working together to make a great show” said senior and Concert Choir member Stephanie Wislen. It was a successful concert that showed off the heaps of musical talent in the Lake Stevens School District.

The Lake Stevens School District choirs all prepared for the All District Festival which was held Thursday, April 28 at Cavelero Mid High in the gymnasium. Nine choirs performed, representing Homelink, Lake Stevens Middle School, Highland Elementary, Hillcrest Elementary, Northlake Middle School, Cavelero Mid High and Lake Stevens High School

Choir Director Heidi Forslund was busy preparing Jazz Choir, Treble Choir and Concert Choir, while other choir directors prepared their students of all ages.

“We’re singing our songs everyday, and practicing with our accompanist, Mckenzie Plank. In Treble Choir we are singing ‘My Favorite Things’ and ‘Bandyrowe,’” said Hoffman.

At this concert, choirs of all ages, including students as young as first grade, shared their talents.

“The babies are really cute; they’re cute when they sing and they’re all dressed up,” said Hoffman.

This choir festival is a unique experience because all the choirs get to come together. The young ones have the older kids to look up to, and it’s a great opportunity for the older kids to teach the younger ones.

All in all, this concert was a fun experience for all the choirs at Lake Stevens to come together and share their passion for music with the community.

“It is a great representation of all of the musical talent out district has to offer,” said sophomore Brennen McCormick, who is also a member of the Lake Stevens Concert Choir.

Congratulations Lake Stevens School District Choirs, you performed beautifully.