LSHS artists thrive

LSHS art displayed in community

Astronaut by julia Egan in Pencil

The unique art of four Lake Stevens High School artists was recently on display at the Everett Community Resource Center.

“Each piece is a reflection of the student’s interest and exhibit a passion they feel for something outside of themselves,” LSHS Art teacher Janelle Panamaroff said.

Public recognition of student artists who attend LSHS is both remarkable and well deserved by these dedicated students.

“Besides being skilled and talented, they work hard and committed to their work. Art is a place that students are able to express themselves through visual means,” said Panamaroff.

Senior Brooklyn Wheeler is one of the four LSHS artists whose work is on display. Titled “Lothlorien,” Wheeler’s work is an acrylic painting of the elf village in Lord of the Rings.

“I love when my art is on display because painting is one of my favorite things to do, and I feel it represents me a lot,” said Wheeler.

Wheeler’s art was made for a LSHS band performance which revolved around Lord of the Rings.

“To be honest, I have never watched Lord of the Rings, so I thought it would be a challenge to create something that represented the movie, and after talking with Mrs. Panamaroff and researching, I thought that Lothlorien would be a fun project,” said Wheeler.

The other LSHS students who have work on display at the Everett Community Resource Center are sophomore Julia Egan, junior Isabel Marsh, and senior Ellisabeth Story.

Lothlorien by Booklyn Wheeler in Acrylic Paint
Repurposed library book in paper mache of Wizard of Oz by Ellisabeth Story