Get ready to be inspired this Friday night when attending this special, one night only cabaret

Presented by the Lake Stevens High School Drama Club, this show is sure to be a good time for all

The drama department advertises the upcoming cabaret night with flyers around campus. After the departments success with Hairspray, a group of seniors pitched the idea of a student led performance. “Its been amazing to work with these actors and see things fall into place as their scenes and songs come together! There are some really awesome numbers in this show,” Balbirona said.

Cierra Holder

The drama department advertises the upcoming cabaret night with flyers around campus. After the department’s success with “Hairspray”, a group of seniors pitched the idea of a student led performance. “Its been amazing to work with these actors and see things fall into place as their scenes and songs come together! There are some really awesome numbers in this show,” Balbirona said.

Come support the Lake Stevens High School Drama program this Friday and attend their student-led cabaret night. It starts at 6:30 with a five dollar suggested donation for admission.

“A cabaret runs pretty similar to a concert, in that there are multiple songs and scenes from separate plays and musicals. Our cabaret has the theme “Yearning,” and our scenes and songs all tell the story of people who want something bigger and better in life! You’ll see numbers from The Crucible, Spring Awakening, Wicked, and many others!” the student director, senior Fiona Balbirona said

The cast performing the cabaret consists of 11 students with a history of stage performance and represent all grade levels of the high school.

With auditions taking place “a few days before winter break, we’ve been working non-stop since then!” said Balbirona.

There have been many hours and long nights put into this show to make it a success.

“The rehearsal process has been extremely hectic, but also rewarding! It’s so cool to see someone deliver lines that you gave them, or hear them nail a harmony you arranged! I’m so thankful to Mrs. Marks for all her support and what she taught me over the last couple of years,” Balbirona said .

Come encourage the Drama club this Friday by watching their amazing show and supporting them with a donation.