Frightful fun through a lens

Cove gains business through interactive promotion

Cierra Holder

Say scream: Seniors Trysten Perales and Austin Strawder pose for this year’s DECA photobooth with prop hats. Both boys selected from an array of mask and Halloween themed props for their picture in the blood spattered booth that were delivered to them this past Friday. “It was a very good set-up, very well done. I liked all the props,” Strawder said “It’s very good, [the photobooth] unites people.”

Returning for the second year, the DECA sponsored a Halloween themed photo booth in the Cove at LSHS. The photo booth has been a success. In hopes of providing the LSHS student body with an easily accessible way to interact and get involved, DECA welcomed more students into their business.

“The purpose of the photo booth is to promote the Cove and have more people come into the Cove,” junior Madeline Tuley said.
By offering a free and exciting activity in the Cove, DECA feels students will meander into the Cove and potentially begin visiting on a regular basis.

“Taking pictures in the Cove is fun – it is promotional and it is Halloweeny. People like photos and taking fun photos,” Tuley said.

The photos taken at the photo booth will not be hidden, but rather, they will surface the internet.

“We have hashtags so you can post it [to social media],” Tuley said.
DECA’s interactive photo booth was an exciting way to promote the club at LSHS, which aspires to serve the students through business.