Meet your 2015 Homecoming Court

Senior court couples are ready to rock

Cierra Holder

The 2015 Homecoming Court: (L-R) Glory Yepassis-Zembrou, Jack Stevens, Cole Sigl, Peter Condyles, Ryann Funk, and Brittney Wood show lots of enthusiasm and viking spirit. “I’m excited to see everyone all dressed up and looking classy,” said Stevens, “I can’t wait to share the experience with my senior class”

As October 24 quickly approaches, students begin considering the candidates for senior Homecoming king and queen. Opinions vary on who is best fit for royalty. Before students go and vote for their top choice, it may be a good idea to get to know this year’s senior Homecoming court before putting a ballot in the box.

The variety of personalities in this group of seniors may surprise students who aren’t familiar with all of the royalty court. Seniors Glory Yepassis-Zembrou, Ryann Funk, and Brittney Wood are the top three candidates for queen and Peter Condyles, Jack Stevens, and Cole Sigl are the top three candidates for king.

“Everyone is so comfortable with each other, and all the crazy energy and dancing is going to be a blast,” Sigl said.

The kings and queens are paired up alphabetically. Condyles and Funk make a fun twosome.

“I love Peter; he’s so cool,” said Funk. “We both have awesome dance moves and are going to kill it at the assembly.”

Both bring an enthusiastic attitude to the table.

“A lot of times with my job as president, it’s only with the students. Being on homecoming court gives me the opportunity to see the community and all the support we receive from them. It will be nice to see who comes out to support our school,” said Condyles.

Yepassis-Zembrou and Stevens show immense excitement for the Homecoming assembly and football game.

“Jack is a really chill and funny guy; he just knows how to work the crowd,” Yepassis-Zembrou said.

The pair feeds off of each other’s crazy energy, and both are naturals in front of an audience.

“Glory is completely awesome. She has lots of energy and a crazy personality. It should be super fun,” said Stevens.

Wood and Sigl make an energetic duo full of Viking spirit.

“Cole is a little ball of energy and it’s always a fun time when I’m with him. I’m super excited that he’s my escort because I know that we’re going to have so much fun no matter what we’re doing,” said Wood.

The chemistry between the court couples is dynamic and full of energy. When it comes to favorite aspects of Homecoming, the court shares pretty similar ideas and likes.

“I like that Homecoming gets us out of a sense of normalcy. It’s something fun to do for everyone to get involved and breaks us from our routine,” said Condyles.

Wood described the qualities that she looks for in a Homecoming queen.

“I think the homecoming queen should be someone who represents what the school is about, who is kind and accepting to everyone no matter what, and who doesn’t want to be homecoming queen for the popularity.”

No matter who wins this year’s title of Homecoming Queen and King, the dance will still be a night of fun-filled memories.