The student news site of Lake Stevens High School

Valhalla

It’s finals, finally

Techniques and Strategies

The paper and the book piles will grow. Tackle these homework assignments and reviews head on and gut the rest of this semester out

Makenzie Heggie, Staff Reporter

Finals are coming up in a couple weeks we all know finals are a very stressful, difficult and an overwhelming time, there are some great techniques Lake Steven students are using to prepare for the end of the semester tests.
“I like to get together with a couple friends and go to a coffee shop because it’s quiet, and we can all help each other. I’m a little nervous for my advanced grammar final,” junior Lexia Ramirez said.
Getting together with some friends is a great idea so everyone can help each other with their studying. It allows people to share resources and talk about the content, which helps with learning. However, some people prefer to go it alone.
“I’m going to study for finals by using my notes and old homework assignments to master some old skills. I will study for all my finals so I’m not nervous for any,” junior Cole Thompson said.
It is a good idea to find some ways to memorize all the information from your classes and be mindful of everything learned over the semester for those comprehensive finals. Notecards are a great way to do this. For some, the idea of finals causes stress due to personal schedules.
“I’m stressing really hard over finals. I work, so whenever I have a day off I’m going to study for my hardest classes. I’m probably going to lock myself in my room with a snack and just go over my review packets and my read sections from my textbooks,” senior Seattle Flauto said.
Study hard and end the semester with the grades you deserve. We wish everyone the best of luck on the end of first semester finals!