Ten fun activities for the fall season

Instead of being stuck inside all day, here are some events to inspire a fun time!

Looking for a fun way to pass the time this fall? Keep reading to find out how to make your very own DIY fall wreath!

In Western Washington, the fall season often brings blustery weather along with it, leaving very few fun activities to do without having to brave the elements. Many individuals opt for staying inside with a warm drink and their favorite TV series on Netflix. However, after a good brainstorm, fall events are happening all over Snohomish County and passing us by.

• Apple picking

Though it is a stereotypical fall activity, apple picking with friends can actually be a fun outdoor accomplishment. The Farm at Swan’s Tail and Skipley Farm in Snohomish both offer apple picking to the public and once done apple picking, you could even try baking an apple pie.

• Swimming

Swimming is a predominantly hot weather activity. However, if you are looking to make a splash, indoor aquatic centers are open in Snohomish, Lynnwood, not to mention our own pool here at LSHS. Entrance fees range from $2.50-$5.25.

• Ice skating

The Xfinity Arena in Everett offers public skating sessions all days of the week for $6 entrance fee and $4 skate rental. However their scheduled times for public skating differs on weekends so be sure to check their website in advance.

• Coffee house with friends

As it’s depicted in the TV series Friends, a coffee house is a great place to hang out with friends and even do homework. Starbucks is always a viable option; however, there’s a cozy crepe and coffee house in Snohomish called the Crêpe Escape where they have good food, drinks, and cozy seating.

• Playing in leaves

For decades, kids have had fun raking leaves and promptly jumping into their neatly formed pile. For those who think playing in leaves is a little blasé, making wreaths or decorating with said leaves are fun alternatives.

• Antique shopping

For those who have never rummaged through an antique shop’s shelves, imagine you are an archeologist uncovering a really cute vintage dress or super cool vanity. Travel back through time by browsing in a local antique shop.

• Bake something

With pumpkin spice being so popular this time of year, skip the trip to Starbucks for a latte and try this pumpkin spice cake recipe.

• Go see a play or a band

The Lake Stevens High School Drama Club is performing The Music Man from November 9-19. Outside of the Lake Stevens community, Everett High School is performing Legally Blonde, Arlington High School is performing Moon Over Buffalo, Mount Pilchuck High School is performing Alice in Wonderland and the Everett Village Theater is showing Pump Boys and Dinettes. Performance dates and times vary throughout the month of November.

• Blowing glass

In Everett, the Schack Art Center offers sessions in which individuals can blow glass. Though the sessions are not too cheap, every participant gets to leave with their own glass creation. In the fall, the museum offers sessions in which the participants create Christmas ornaments. To save yourself a place in a class, be sure to call the Schack Art museum in advance, as their sessions fill up quickly.

• Come up with some new ideas from the Snohomish County events calendar

The events calendar on the Snohomish County website is full of fun events all year ‘round. Even after fall passes, this website is a great resource for fun activities in our community.